Hugging Tips and Techniques
While hugging there is a movement I like to do that girls tend to respond very well to. It consists of allowing your fingertips to travel down her back just to the small of her back. Then, gently, with your palms, let your hands glide back up to her shoulder-blades and then repeat, going down her back with your fingertips. Keep your touch light and feel out how well she’s responding. Use a firmer touch only if she’s feeling it. This technique very closely resembles tantric massage strokes, so it may not be the best move to try out on someone you are not close with or if the moment isn’t right. Did I mention anything about calibrating?
Let Go Gradually
When you come away from the hug many guys make the mistake of letting go all at once. From a tantric perspective, such a quick release is a shock to the system and just leaves her hanging. You said hello by meeting her gently with your fingertips and you should have the courtesy to say goodbye with the same gentle ease. Let your hands glide either back down her arms or back and with your fingertips gently slide off or if she seems like she might want another hug, keep contact for a little while, calibrate, and if so go back in for another. Find more about International Hug day.
How to Hug a Woman Romantically
What to Avoid When Hugging a Girl
- Never go too fast or hold her too hard. There are times when a passionate hug is appropriate. But your default should be to glide in and out with the fingertips regardless. The passion can follow once you’re locked in an embrace.
- Avoid awkwardness. Take note of what kind of hugs will feel awkward for her body or yours and adjust to avoid them. I’m a very tall man, so typically a shorter woman hugs me around my waist or abdomen. I’ll typically offset her a little to the side to avoid collisions and it works out because then she can place her ear on my chest.
- Don’t get greedy. Hugging a girl too much or for too long can make you seem clingy rather than affectionate. Even if she’s enjoying it or asking for it constantly, there is too much of a good thing and women really do like to feel like they deserve something nice rather than take that nice thing for granted.
- Get consent. NEVER hug a girl who obviously doesn’t want to be hugged!
- Beware hugging a girl from behind. I can get away with it about 50% of the time, and that’s only if she knows I’m there. It’s generally more startling than exciting unless you’ve already hugged her from the front and then spin her around in which case I’d encourage you to do so! Remember to calibrate and keep contact with your fingertips while turning her.